Quick Links for Families and New Students
Welcome Families and New Students
Welcome to Founders Classical Academy of Leander! We are excited that your student is joining our Archer family, and we are looking forward to meeting you! Whether you start on the first day of school or join us somewhere in the middle, we want to provide you with some helpful information and acquaint you with the resources that are available on our school website. Congratulations, and welcome to the Archer family!
- The Archers in Action is our school newsletter and it is updated weekly. You will receive reminders and update notices through Skyward. The newsletter is available on our school website under For Our Families.
- The Archers Council is a stewardship organization intended to engage our parents in support of the Headmaster, the faculty and the administration in carrying out the mission of the school.
- Attendance - Please familiarize yourself with information about attendance. The website provides the email where you notify the school about absences. There are frequently asked questions posted and detailed explanations about excused and unexcused absences, tardies, truancy, doctor appointments and so on.
- Car Line & Parking - Here you will find a detailed map and explanation about the carline. Car tags to allow for student afterschool pick up are provided prior to the start of school. Please contact the grammar office to obtain car tags for your student(s) if you do not receive one. Student drivers must acquire a parking permit to park on campus. The form to request a parking permit can be found under the Car Line & Parking link on this page.
- Calendar & Events - This page provides you with the school calendar and our public calendar of events.
- Extracurriculars - This link will take you to information regarding the extracurricular life that is available to our students. We encourage students to participate in a range of extracurricular activities that extend their learning that occurs in both the classroom and the home. We offer a range of athletics and fine arts activities.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)- Here you will find helpful answers to your frequently asked questions, as well as, resources and ideas for parents to support their child's learning outside of the classroom.
Summer Reading: Required for All Students. Due on August 16th
The summer reading list for all grades can be found here and on the Founders Leander website. Summer reading is a required assignment for all students. Students should turn in their written assignments on the first day of school so that they can be graded. Discussions about summer reading will take place in the first few days of each new school year.
- School Lunches - Your child may bring a packed lunch or you may order your child’s lunch online from a catering service that delivers directly to the school. Lunch is not available for purchase at the school. For information about the school lunch program currently in place, please visit the School Meals link on this page.
- Supply Lists by Grade
6th Grade Supply and Communal List (Please purchase 20 lb reams of paper)
7th-12th Supply list
- Supplemental Resources - This link will take you to a list of additional resources by grade.
- Uniforms - Here you will find information about uniform requirements for each grade and the vendor websites and phone numbers where you can purchase uniform items.
- Volunteer Toolkit - Our students’ parents are encouraged to commit to 20 volunteer hours each year for the school. These hours foster closer relationships and ensure a more secure learning environment. This toolkit provides our volunteers with all the information needed to be successful.
- Skyward is used for communication from the school and your teachers. This is also where you will access your student's grades. Once a student is enrolled, parents will receive a google id and password along with instructions on how to access student and parent Skyward accounts. For assistance Skyward, please log into the Family Access Toolkit or the Skyward Help Center.
- SportsYou is used by our student athletes and their families for communication regarding practice times, games schedule and volunteer needs. Each team has a unique access code that the team's coach will provide at the beginning of the season. Please contact our Athletic Director, Mr. Munoz, if you are interested in trying out for one of our middle school or high school teams.